This is only a small sample of what is available on the World Wide Web. Using
a search engine effectively can lead to many resources which aren't listed here.
Use this page as a start, not as a complete list.
- Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Public Health
- CDC Publications Centers for
Disease Control and Prevention
- The Mitochondrial
Eve a simulation of random sampling and fixation. The Mitochondrial Eve
could be Lucy or one of her female descendants.
- Water Resources & Hydrology
- VCL - the Virtual Computer-Lab Cloud
- Open Source
- Open-Access Journals
- PLOS "Public Library of Science (PLOS) is
a nonprofit publisher, membership, and advocacy organization with a mission to
accelerate progress in science and medicine by leading a transformation in
- JSTOR requires institutional
subscription, but has provision for free individual access to a portion of the
content. Currently, Addis Ababa and Mekelle Universities are subscribers.
- PubMed "comprises more than
22 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science
journals, and online books. Citations may include links to full-text content
from PubMed Central and publisher web sites."
- Open-Access Textbooks
- K-12 and Higher Ed Teaching Resources
- Open Courses
- Developer Resources